Friday, April 1, 2011

Piers Anthony's 'Realty Check' Now Available on Kindle, Nook & iBooks


 I have always liked the city and the country, having spent time as a child in both. I always wished they could be combined, with all the stores, movies, cars, and activities of the city merging with the perfect wonder of the deep forest. Wouldn't it be nice to have a house whose front door opened on the city, and whose back door opened on a forest primeval! So I made such a house in this novel. From the front it is surrounded by the city; from the back it is surrounded by untouched forest. Magic? No, merely science: the house has portals that open onto other parts of the world, or even other planets. What a challenge it would be to discover the secrets of such a house. So I have a family, retirees who soon realize the house is beyond their capacity to handle and call in expert assistance, their grandchildren, Lloyd and Llynn. The kids' parents are happy to have them off their hands for a summer; L and L can be wild. But they quickly fall in line when they realize the grandparents will send them home if they don't behave. Meanwhile, nobody tells anybody outside what they are exploring; it's a secret they keep lest there be unwelcome attention. So what does explain the mystery of this remarkable piece of realty? Ah, read the novel and find out.

5 comments:

  1. C:

    I'll stick with my paperback.
    Kindles and the like have yet to replicate that new book scent I so love, and make for a rather unimpressive library shelf.

    xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your books for over 20 years now and have been a big fan of the Xanth series over the years. I love the sci-fi / fantasy genre but I read all types of genres. I have a kindle and read almost all my books on there now due to the convenience and portability plus ease of buying a new book as soon as I finish the last one! I haven't read one of your novels in several years so I will definitely check this one out on Kindle! I know you aren't too interested in moving into a lot of the new technology options available nowadays but I'm really glad you agreed to move into publishing your books on e-readers! I am a huge fan. Thanks for all the wonderful stories you have published over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piers Writes: For some reason, being stalked by a teen girl doesn't repel me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool concept! Will be reading it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just noticed this, and while I'll hang on to my p'back as well, it would be nice if there are direct links to the Amazon sell page. I will put a review up once I find it...

    ReplyDelete